Monday, April 17, 2006

Day in the sun

This weekend was packed with outdoor projects, that included a mild heat stroke on Saturday. I wasn't right the rest of the day--I felt like I was brittle, if that makes sense. The backyard is almost ready for After shots ... but I'll probably wait until after a trip to Midland this coming weekend.

I recovered completely by Sunday morning and was ready to help Warlord lay crushed granite and flagstone. It was a brutal 5-hour project and we are almost half-way complete. When I came home, I found out the high temp was 95 degrees. When we were hauling, digging and trudging, the mercury was rising. At one point, my ears were dripping sweat.

95 degrees on Easter. Two years ago, they had two inches of snow on Easter. Dallas is odd, yo

Oh yeah, I don't do Easter. Long story, I'll spare you. But a day of hard labor is the perfect Easter for me.

1 comment:

Katy said...

We spent Tuesday moving refrigerators across Dallas and back. I think it was close to 100 degrees. Poor Doc was melting in the heat and from carting those things in and out of the Uhaul, detaching and reattaching the doors, etc. I mostly just "supervised" and *I* was exhausted.

The rain yesterday was a nice break though.

We don't do Easter either. We had fajitas and beer for dinner :)