Friday, July 14, 2006

TGIF--expelling the thoughts

  • The garage door is going to cost about $400 to repair, depending on the door springs. We are going to have to replace the 25-year-old opener. So, the positive spin here is we are going to get new clickers...
  • This has been a rough week and I'm ready for the 5 o'clock whistle. I'm taking a short break from serious editing so I don't see double. Today marks the midway point of the work month, so I am working to reach the halfway point of my goals. A few new projects have eaten a lot of time, but it's just a matter of adjustment.
  • We're dog sitting Whiskey this weekend. He's a cat eater, so it's taking some coordination. Fortunately, aside from the cat thing, he's a fantastic dog. He begs more than I would allow, but he has a great manner. He doesn't require a leash, no matter what the situation. If neighbor dogs go ape shit at the gate, Whiskey just wags his tail and follows you. In contrast, both our dogs would go straight to that gate and join in the ape shit throwing. Both our dogs require leashes for that reason. Whiskey likes to sleep on the couch and I'm allowing it because I can tell he's sad and lonely.
  • Last night, I caught an old "Star Trek Next Generation" on TV. It's been a while, but wow, that's movie quality stuff right there. Especially the 3-6 seasons. I might need to own it. Right now, I need to buy Episode 3, firefly season 1, serenity, battlestar miniseries and first 2 seasons and some new shoes.
  • Just watched "Eraserhead" this week. I hate to admit, that was my first time. It's a pretty twisted movie, but it says a lot about the modern age and what we are doing to our planet, bodies and minds.

OK, back to work.

No comments: