Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wednesday Night Bike Club

This past week has been hectic. We went to Midland for the weekend, where of all places, we saw three inches of snow. Then, we got back Sunday and had our second Lamaze class last night. The class went well and afterwards we felt a nice strong bond with each other.

Meanwhile, back at the League of Justice, we are planning the second WNBC & Boneshaker collaborative ride on April 21. We plan to ride our bikes, drink beer, play Wii bowling, lose money at poker and enjoy the friendship. We did it last year with a much larger group. And, I don't know if I can do it next year with a one-year-old. This year, it sounds like three riders will travel north from their safety bubble and brave the crazy jungle that is Dallas.

Speaking of crazy jungle, picture me walking the dogs this morning and dialing 9-1-1.

It happened.

Someone left a stolen truck in front of our house last night. We noticed it when we got home around 10pm, but thought it was a neighbor's guest. This morning while I was walking the mutters, I noticed the broken driver side window and broken steering column. I've been around the block a few times to know what that means. Whatever THAT means, heh

So, right then and there, I pulled out the celly and called in the coppers. Yvonne said when she left a cop was checking out the truck and when I got home, it was gone.

Overall, the truck looked pretty in tact, so the owners will be pleased it wasn't damaged more. I doubt they'll get their Creedence tapes back though.

Finally, despite the snow storms of Texas (what?), our yard is blooming nicely. I'll try to feature some photos. Above is one of two Mountain Laurels we have in the back yard. We call this bed St. Francis' bed. Go fig.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

The neo-pagan's married to a lapsed Catholic. (Buddha sits in another one of our beds and we had a garden gnome until he was stolen; our garden is non-denominational.)

Incognato said...

we also have a broken windmill. I worship that the most, lol

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.