Wednesday, June 13, 2007

7FLD 3DQ

In an effort to move on and let go of Sophi, I'm considering a memorial tattoo. I don't know where, or exactly what. But I think it's in order. I'm struggling advancing beyond mourning and my intent is to just pound it down, so to speak.

Not everyone knows, but Sophie had a tattoo on her belly (we made it one of her tricks or commands: "Show me your tattoo" and she'd roll over and show it). The tattoo was letters and numbers found in the title of this post. I registered the tat and if someone found her lost, they could call a 1 (800) number (I'm not making this up) and find her owner. It's like a primitive chip in the ear. Of course, it faded over time and some letters began to disappear.

More info here.

I have one tattoo already on my right shoulder. I got it when I was 19 and in Miami. It was an Ankh I designed. I did it on a whim--basically frantic to bookmark that place in my life--a low point if you will. But a point I felt important enough to always remember no matter where I was; a booster shot for the appreciation of life.

When I was 28 and in Austin, I had the tat improved. We added color and changed it to an Egyptian Eye of Horus theme (not exact). In a weird way, it empowers me to think I can see things, but I know it's my imagination.

As far as the Sophie tattoo, I'm not the first to do it. My college roommate already got the above letters and numbers on his right elbow. I guess he had to mourn her sooner than I did.

So chime in folks. Where should I get it? What should it contain (the title of this post is required)? And who should do it?

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

I think it should have a big "S" in there somewhere, but I'm not sure how to incorporate it with the tattoo, and I vote for on your arm.

Incognato said...

Wall $treet said:

So maybe something with a pic of Sophia doing what she loved to do best (bark at small children and old people, lol). So a stylized pic of sophia all black (tribal) barking with a smile on and 7FLD 3DQ across the top with Rest In Peace under.. maybe making a circle around her head barking.. just a thought.. damn i love that dog, sorry bro!!

Katy said...

I think that's a fantastic idea, to get a tattoo to commemorate Sophi. Does the letter/number sequence mean anything in particular?

And funny that you got an ankh which you later modified into an eye of Horus. My brother did the exact same thing!

This kitty is my only tattoo.

Incognato said...

TI think the letters mean Florida and a numbered zone that represents Miami, but that's a guess.

Incognato said...

OK, I just got an update from my college roommate. the numbers faded on Sophi in the end and I couldn't read them, but his is still good.

The correct numbers are: 7FLD 37

Craig said...

The link you provided for dog identification says, "We Make Happy Endings."

Heh, happy endings.