Saturday, June 09, 2007

Thinking outside the (x)box

My adorable xbox had a hardware failure yesterday. I'd been playing a lot of Texas Hold 'Em poker on XBL and was starting to get the hang of it. I even could hold Zoe, and play through a tournament or two.

We've also been using the console as a DVD playa in the living room and it's worked out nicely. Plus, I've been using the console to show baby photos on the TV (all connected on the Wi-Fi). I can even play music from my PC while a slide show rolls on the TV, which is nice because it's all hooked up to the stereo.

But, about a week or so ago, the machine started locking up. Then yesterday it had no video, or when it did, it was wacky. So I called the number and they concluded it was a hardware issue and still under warranty. They are sending me a box to mail it to them in. Then, they will either fix or replace, no charge to me. I thought at least that aspect was pretty cool.

So, I'm reading more now, lol. And posting more blog entries.

Zoe was up late last night. We watched a movie until about 1:30 or 2, but she was awake a few hours until 3 or so. She ate pretty much the whole time, and we wondered if she had a stomach ache. But, after one last feed, she totally crashed. They are both sleeping now (almost 11am), which is good.

No comments: