Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Day care

Today we started day care with Zoe. We both dropped her off this morning along with a blanket, used shirt (for scent), about 7 bottles of milk and formula, pacifier, 3 changes of clothing and diapers. We also dropped off paperwork. There were a lot of details, and in the end I feel like we were too distracted to be sad. Although, there was a lingering moment of not wanting to leave right before we did.

About 2 hours later, we were thinking maybe we should call. Not because we were worried, but I think more because we missed her. Then, my cell phone rings and it's the day care. She called to say all is good. I guess she knows new parents are like that.

I took Walker to the dog park yesterday for the first time since ... in a while. We had a good time and he got to swim a little. There were some beautiful dogs and a couple trouble makers. But, no out and out mean dogs. It was my first time with only one dog. Some out-of-the-blue hidden lingering feelings erupted last night while I was cooking dinner. But, we move on.

6 comments:

Katy said...

I think sometimes emotions come out while cooking. I had a spaghetti incident a few weeks ago that ended up with lots of tears.

Incognato said...

that's funny. I was making penne with pasta sauce

Yvonne said...

Maybe it's a conspiracy of Italian food because I cried the next day AFTER eating the penne with pasta sauce.

Incognato said...

I didn't cry.

Katy said...

It will get you one day. Pasta is sneaky that way.

Incognato said...

I lied. I was trying to look tough...