Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Full steam ahead

Inspired by Yvonne's post, I thought I'd share my average day as well.

It usually starts around 6am. Zoe's in bed at this time and she starts moving in her sleep. So if the alarm doesn't wake me, a tap tap tap on the shoulder does. I get ready for the day, then go to the kitchen, get Zoe's bottles ready for the day, feed the dog and make some coffee. Sometimes I empty the dishwasher or take out the garbage. Then, Walker and I go for a walk around the block and get back to the house by 6:50am-7am. The sun is not up yet.

Yvonne is up by this point and has Zoe dressed if the baby wakes up at 6:30am. If she doesn't wake up, we let her sleep in until 7:30am. I take over baby detail while Yvonne gets ready for the day. We watch the traffic and weather reports, while Zoe eats more formula and juice. I usually feed the fish at this point if I remember to. Around 7:45am, Zoe and I head to day care. I drop her off and get to work around 8:45am.

I head back to day care around 5:15pm--getting home around 5:45pm. One of us feeds the dog again--whoever gets to it first. We play with Zoe until about 6:30pm, then give her a bath. Yvonne starts to put her to sleep, while I start on dinner. I might empty the dishwasher or take out the garbage at this point as well.

We hang out for a couple hours, watch TV, read or bowl. Sometimes I do freelance work. Then, off to bed. Zoe starts off in the crib, but when she wakes up in the night for food she moves into the bed with us.

Like Yvonne, I'm struggling to find time to do some things like bike riding, yard work and regular freelance work. Usually, freelance is done on the weekend mornings while the girls sleep in. I can also fit a mowing in the weekend, but not much more. Weekends are also when I water the house plants, clean the bathrooms and vacuum where Zoe isn't (she doesn't like the noise). I'm glad it's been rainy because I've had no time to water the yard. We've lost a few potted outdoor plants as a result.

So there you have it.

No comments: