Thursday, December 13, 2007

Recovery II and random thoughts

This illness is mostly over, I hope. The skin is healed up, but the nerves inside are still sore. So, the knot in my back remains. Sometimes, I don't feel it. Other times, I have to lay down due to pain. I'm still on some meds to fight the virus, but not much else for the pain. I'm going to switch doctors in January, so we'll see.

Also, I'm trying to keep off the 10 pounds I lost since this all began. But, a hefty bowl of queso last night didn't help.

We just started season four of "The Wire". It's a whole new direction, but so far I like it. Hey, it's "The Wire" so of course I'll like it. :)

I have most of my Christmas shopping done and my vacation officially begins a week from today. I'm ready for some time off to catch up on other projects. Freelance, etc.

I delivered the first batch of Neighborhood Watch fliers. I had 33 houses and Walker enjoyed the walk. When I was a kid, I used to deliver fliers for my mom's business. Instead of 33, the number was closer to 1,000. So, this little task was easy. The only issue was my back.

It's cold in Dallas and my work office has no heat. They should be fixing it today. So, I might go back there tomorrow. The office experience has been pretty lame, between absent coworkers (I see them once a week at best), power outages, broken A/C, noise level and other issues it's just not a good work environment. Word on the street is I'll be going back to working from home in March.

No comments: