Thursday, July 31, 2008

Situation Report

After being in Austin one full week, I thought a sit rep would be good. Basically, the state of the union is good.

Living at a buddy's house hasn't been as cramped as I expected. Yvonne and I try to step up and do things around the house when possible. Zoe is very mobile, but well contained. hehe. She likes people, so she's developing special bonds with the people in the house. She seems to be going through a rough teething spell, that's been waking us all up a few nights for a couple hours. Sleep levels were low until I got a full seven hours last night.

Work has been interesting. I haven't completed a full week yet, and things are still catching up. I'm waiting on various elements: computer, security tag, etc. I've eaten in the cafeteria everyday and that's not a problem at all. The views are nice and I even ate outside yesterday.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to catch up on other things in life. I have some freelance work that's piling up. While I was living in Dallas alone, I was pushing a lot of my nerdy stuff to the top of the Netflix queue. Now, I need to watch those so new movies arrive. I am also reading book 8 of "The Walking Dead" and the two people I've spoken to about it (they both read it already) are excited to talk to me when I'm done. I'm about half-way now.

Walker is at Cicada Oaks and from initial reports he is doing well. The house sitter in Dallas is watching Roscoe.

This weekend is our five year anniversary. We are staying at the hotel we were married at. Funny how easy that is to do when you're in the same city. It's amazing we planned that whole darn wedding from Chicago.

No comments: