Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Book of Changes

Today marks a new president in the White House; the second president I've voted for to make the move (my first election to vote was 1992). Barack is the first of many things and I look forward to seeing what else he does first in his time.

A few random thoughts:
  • I watched the inauguration in the work cafeteria on the big screen. The A/C was on, even though it was about 50 degrees outside. I ate chili.
  • Our work network servers have been spotty at best due to the high volume of streaming video emplyees are apparently running today.
  • With all this refreshing hope, I hope The People don't expect miracles. Even his economic plan won't see a huge impact for a year or so.
  • I hope we really do harness our leadership in science and technology.
  • I'm not too upset to take the 10 % pay cut announced last week at work because I believe.

No comments: