Monday, October 19, 2009

Found the iPod

We just moved into a house here in Austin and the one thing I thought was completely lost was my iPod. Even Yvonne looked for it in my car, where I thought I left it. This morning on my way to work, I gave it one more look (almost out of habit). And, I found it wrapped in a receipt in a console we all looked in multiple times. Good stuff.

The move was a challenge and I'm glad it's over. We had a few hiccups along the way:
  • Moving date was pushed back
  • Kitchen was almost left as is (bad)
  • Moving date was pushed back again
  • Moving date was pushed back again--this time to ACL weekend (we used to live next to Zilker)
  • We had free three-day passes to ACL with parking (apartment)
  • It was someone's birthday?
  • On the day of big moving truck, street work closed one half of our new road
  • Rained on third moving day
  • Our first week was sans city garbage cans and required a few stealth runs in the cover of night
  • The new kitchen sink was clogged upon move-in and required our first repair request
  • The AC stopped working after 5 days--second repair request
  • Our dryer from storage stopped getting hot (repairman coming Friday)
  • Still can't find my leaf blower
  • The move was just enough interruption that I probably won't run the full 5k this weekend
I'm sure I missed a few...

Now, so I don't sound like a total whiner, a few good things:
  • Zoe and Walker are good buddies again
  • Two moving days began in the morning with the "Star Wars" theme played at Zilker by ACL
  • Nothing was broken until unpacked
  • We have already gotten rid of a lot of crap we don't need
  • New TV from Old Skool rocks
  • The house is a nice change from the apartment. It's a 5 bedroom, 3 bath near a Central Market. Jackpot!
  • All the emergency repairs were addressed quickly and easily. I hope to say the same for the non emergency requests currently in limbo
  • I found the iPod and will start working out again
And just to add to the fun, Zoe started a new school one week after the move. That has been a good experience and no real hiccups have occurred.

So, with that, I return to the blogosphere after a long vacation. Frankly, if I posted during that time, you would have been bored with all my complaining. Things were rough for couple months there and stress was high. It's a good day now that we can close that chapter and start a new one.

And now a video of the most patient dog on the street and a future blues singer/costume designer.

Bedtime for Walker from Nathan Stull on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want you to continue the blog! I feel very sad when I look at it and there has been no change for weeks...or months. And more pictures PLease!

From a reader in Dallas.