Sunday, October 25, 2009

Taking a break from unpacking

We have three rooms left: my office, Yvonne's office and the third bedroom.

For now, that third bedroom will be a closet/sewing room once it's not filled with boxes and miscellaneous furniture (two empty fish tanks, coffee table and a stool).

I'd say Yvonne's office has the most potential for completion, but she sorting a lot of old paperwork and stuff, which is tedious and takes time.

In my office, I'm sorting things like my old high school yearbooks (that head photographer my senior year really knew his stuff...), camping gear (do I really need an authentic Boy Scout canteen from the '60s?) and miscellaneous stuff like bar stools (we ain't got no bar, Sgt. Dan), shelves, and old copies of the "Lake Travis View".

Oktoberfest
We went to the Austin Oktoberfest yesterday. Yvonne put it best: It was a typical Austin festival with live blues, kid rides and beer and food, but it's not German Centric. There was one brat offering--the rest was corny dogs, pizza and nachos. There was no umpah, but plenty of booths to buy rasta (??!?) gear.

My conclusion is the Oktoberfest in Addison was better. Next year, we are going to try to go to Fredricksberg.

Livestrong
We also did the Livestrong Challenge 5k yesterday. I didn't run it as planned, but I'm about to restart my running training. There is the Turkey Tro 5k on thanksgiving that I might be ready for.

Meanwhile, enjoy the videos:

Rock Zoe from Nathan Stull on Vimeo.




Sliding Z from Nathan Stull on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff!
Your Dallas fan

Craig said...

You didn't even need to add a soundtrack!! They did a quite passable cover of Ryan Adams.

BTW, I highly recommend the Pump It Up places for kids birthday parties. You have never seen so much happiness with inflated toys since your weird college roommate.

Incognato said...

Zoe totally loved it and the bounce house thing.

We had a neighbor in Dallas with one. you always knew when the birthdays were because he'd fill his driveway with the castle of air.

Ryan Adams for Oktoberfest? sure!

Craig said...

You've been taking a long break from unpacking. You should really get back to it. Those boxes don't unpack themselves, you know.