Monday, August 14, 2006

Break down

Yvonne and I have known for some time that my car needs to be replaced. But, it's not an easy purchase. This weekend, the Buick reminded us by breaking down late Saturday afternoon. I had a trunk full of groceries.

But, we feel lucky. First, lucky that Yvonne stayed home to do some work, so she was able to come get me and the groceries pretty quickly. Second, we took a trip to Austin about two weeks ago in the Buick with the dogs. It didn't breakdown on I-35, in the heat, with the dogs crowded and panting in the back. Third, I wasn't on a major highway, and I was relatively close to home.

No one was open yesterday, so the shop is looking at it now. Hopefully, they will fix it today. Because I leave tomorrow for the rest of the week. Work trip to the city of angels. I'll tell you if I see any...

No comments: