Monday, February 25, 2008

Sychronize

It was early, approximately 5:45am, like every morning. First program begins to run: is the alarm set so we get up on time? I could sleep four more days and never wake up. What would work think? I check the radio volume and turn it up.

The baby was still sleeping, so I want as much sleep as I can get. I think I got up at 3am and made a bottle?

I knew the pending alarm was on the way. At 6am, it begins to play classical music at a loud volume.

I hit snooze and adjust the volume lower. I typically hit snooze during the work week three times until 6:30am, when the next program initiates. The snooze is like a warning system for me.

At 6:30am, the next program begins to run. Who is taking the baby? Do I need to get up or can I sleep in? Yvonne is taking her on Monday. That's right. OK. Does she remember?

Tap tap. "It's 6:30."

"Wha? zzzzz"

Sleep resumes all around.

Fast forward 10 minutes. The snooze returns. 101.1 FM plays softly.

Tap tap. "It's 6:40."

"Huh? zzzz"

New program begins to run. If integer Y doesn't get up by time index B (A defined by initial alarm), what action does integer N need to take?

Processing. Resume sleeping until information is ready.

Ten minutes later, the strings and brass return with a light march on the clock. I hit the button turning the alarm off once and for all and sit up.

"I better get up so the house is running and we can get to day care and work on time," I think to myself, a little annoyed at the light snoring in the room. I want to go back to bed.

I head to the bathroom and run the shower. About halfway through this shower, I realize it's Sunday.

Oh well, now I'm awake. What level am I on in Guitar Hero?

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I remember you talking to me about the time and being confused. It's 6:30, okay ... you know I'm not going to get up unless I have to!