Monday, June 26, 2006

Metropolis on my finger

Many readers don't know this, but in the last few months I went from 195 pounds to averaging around 178. This was the result of Yvonne and I just watching what we eat, the portions we eat and exercising regularly. This is also a final recovery for me, who moved to Chicago and gained a lot of weight. I peaked at 205 up there deep in one winter. I managed to get down to 195 before moving to Dallas because of all the riding I did. I'm amazed I averaged 48-64 miles/week back then.

But, there has been one set back to the loss. My wedding ring stopped fitting correctly and often fell off. I always felt it fall off. Once I was riding and it almost rolled into a busy street. Another time, I was mowing and it slipped off in the sweat. One time, I gave a friend a high five. Everytime, I'd pick it up and put it in my pocket for a while. We were starting to wonder if there would be a time I didn't feel it fall off and it would be lost.

So yesterday we bought an alt ring. It's half a size smaller and fits great. And proof that my wife loves me: She bought a ring titled Metropolis for me three days before "Superman Returns" hits the theaters. She's so awesome.

No comments: