Monday, June 12, 2006

Truth in advertising

Over the weekend, we bought a vacuum cleaner. It's not a very exciting purchase, and a costly one. We went mid-range in hopes that it would last as long as the old one did.

I bought the old one in Austin just after moving into what would be my last apartment in A-Town. That dates it around 2000. It was a good vacuum with a sensor that turned green when the carpet was clean. That gizmo was the reason I bought it I think. Well, lately the green light isn't noticing there's still dog hair down there.

So, after a successful test run with the new vacuum cleaner, I put the old one on the curb. I taped a sign on it that read, "Still Sucks!"

It was out there less than 10 minutes.

I didn't even bother emptying the canister, so whoever took it got some free dog hair as well. It might even smell like dog upon use---we wouldn't know.

Yvonne and I were joking the sign should read, "Free vacuum and dog hair" or my more flashy "Free vacuum and pillow stuffing!"

2 comments:

Katy said...

We're in the market for a new one... what kind did you get? And my old one's got you beat -- mine's sucked since 1995!

Incognato said...

We got a yellow Eureka vacuum with a duster extension thing. I think it was $70 at Walmart.

since, '95, lol