Monday, September 25, 2006

Reporting for duty, sir

I was chosen for jury duty and should be done either Wednesday or Thursday. Most people complain about this civil duty, but not me. Maybe watching "12 Angry Men" recently helped, but I've never harbored a bad attitude about being called for this. It's like the right to vote. It's a privilege.

Of course, this is my first time. So, I can't say anything about the case itself.

What I can say is I'm sort of impressed with the Dallas County Clerks, who handle 500 people, organize them with a small slip of paper, and eventually deliver on providing a group of citizen peers within a morning. I heard a few complaints about the process being too slow, or others pissed they were there in general and it made a part of me sick.

I wanted to say, "This is why you fail. This is why the system fails. This is why the world is ending."

Maybe I'm being influenced by a graphic novel I'm reading. It was handed to me by The Doctor. Props and a shout out goes to him.

No comments: