Friday, December 08, 2006

Press start to begin

I've basically stopped all PC gaming as we know it. City of Heroes, Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Kotor, for those uber nerds), Titan's Quest---all of it has been at a full stop, since the Xbox 360.

I know a lot of people are saying, "Dude, why didn't you wait until the Wii or PS3 came out? The Xbox has been out for a year!"

Exactly. First off, the programmers have had that time to perfect their methods, while also taking new directions (Can't wait for "assassin"). I read an article where PS3 graphics on existing games available for the Xbox weren't as good on the screen because programmers rushed to release the games and didn't take time to compensate for the PS3 system. Which goes to my second point, the library of games for the 360 has had that much more time to build.

Everyone says, "Dude, when you buy an Xbox, first thing you do is download updates." Yes, but I heard same is true for PS3.

Notice, I'm not really speaking to the Wii. That's because the graphics don't measure up. I'm sure it's a great game system for kids.

What I'm beginning to really enjoy now is the online arcade and downloading demo games, like "Superman Returns" for example.

But, then I read an article that made me question everything. I fear I might have to dust off the old laser optical mouse and play THIS game. More here.

Office update: We can print! It just took the right people to get involved.

Boneshaker Update: I missed the ride last night. I haven't heard from them since I sent the "I'm out" email yesterday, but I hope it went well. A fourth rider is joining the group and he hosted last night. That's a requirment to join. I will hopefully report later that we are officailly four riders strong.

2 comments:

Incognato said...

boooyahhh

http://www.betanews.com/article/Has_Xbox_360_Already_Won_the_War/1165514003

Anonymous said...

Guitar Hero. I'm just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQK2JAIKQ6k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNefCfY1wKo