Monday, December 04, 2006

Working transition

Warning: Rant follows.

I've been in the new work office now close to 2.5 months (since Sept. 25) and we still cannot print or fax. In the beginning, I took my printer to work a few times, only to have various sales reps send me emails with the subject line "Please Print". I found myself printing 13-page sales pitch documents. I found myself printing confidential one on one meeting documents.

I found myself looking at the unsharpened pencils on my desk and wanting them deep within my eye sockets.

I took my printer home to fax something (fax function doesn't work in the new office) and left it there for peace of mind. I figure, if I need to print something, I'll go home to print just like I have to do for faxing. That's what everyone else here is doing. The good thing for me is I don't need to print or fax on a daily basis so this doesn't come up too much.

So, now we're talking about starting a betting pool on how long it'll take for the Dallas office to be able to print and fax. People, you either laugh, or you pick up that unsharpened pencil.

1 comment:

Incognato said...

OK folks. I cooled my jets. Didn't mean to sound so whiny.